.


Monday, February 24, 2014

What Play Have You NOT Done With Your Body Today? Lets SHAKE IT!

Yesterday, like many people in the world, I spent my day planted in a chair in front of a computer. Actually I think I have been that was for the past week for the most part. Like many woman, my weight increases or decreases every so often, but I never really knew what it was I did or did not do different that caused it. Some may call that "yo-yo dieting," except for me, with my body, usually its a sign whether I am doing something it does or does not like. When I lose weight, my body is happier and feeling great and usually I will give it the food it asks for or not when it does not ask for any. When I gain weight its usually if there is something I'm doing with it that it is attempting to give me an awareness on that it requires for me to pay attention to. Like once I was eating like Miss Piggy and could not stop eating no matter what I did, and was ALWAYS hungry. I later discovered a homeless man was living in my wood shed down the road a bit without my knowledge and he had not eaten in a very long time. My body was perceiving his body and its hunger for some food, and idiot me was busy and at the time assumed I was the one who was hungry and so I stuffed my face with everything. It wasn't until a week later did I finally ask my body what was going on, and from there it led me to the man down the road. I went and talked to him, then gave him a $100 bill so he could buy something to eat for a while, and after he got done thanking me he left and I never saw him since.
I sometimes tell this little story in my Bars Classes and I will always have one student who will say...

"Yeah but he probably used it to buy drugs!"

Did he actually use the money for food or did he use it on drugs? So what? Who cares? The whole situation gave me the awareness of how little I was paying attention to MY body. Whether he used it for drugs or to buy food was his business. For me this situation just showed me exactly how the Access point of view about how "98% of your thoughts, feelings, and emotions don't belong to you" actually was true.

So fast forward to last night, February 23rd 2014: I have had my body pinned to a chair in front of the computer while I worked on the internet for over a week, I had pretty much not moved aside from a trip to the bathroom, to the kitchen to eat, or to lay down in bed and get up in the morning and take a shit, pee, or a shower or two. I had not done shit except in the toilet (TMI... I know, you are welcome :P ) this past week pretty much. So last night I got a sudden pain in my back, then it dissipated. Pain usually = your body's last attempt to get your attention about something. So I ask my body...

"Body, what are you trying to tell me that I'm not hearing?"

I got the sudden urge to go outside. I paused, closed my laptop, put a sweater on, grabbed my IPOD and went outside. It was 8:30 at night and was dark and there was a bit of fog around. My body pretty much screamed "MOVE IT!" I found a song on the IPOD and started to go  for a walk. I walked around for 20 minutes when I noticed my hips moving back and forth to the beat of the music. I went ...

"Wanna dance body?" 
It went "YESSSS!!!!!" 
So I go out to the middle of the street and just start dancing, letting my body just move how it wanted to. Did I have people staring at me? YES! And it was fun! Did they call me an idiot? Or Crazy? Or On drugs? YES! And it was awesome! Did I care? No! I had not danced and just let it out in YEARS! Sure I could have just gone to the closest bar or nightclub to go dancing but where is the fun in that at this moment? Dancing in the street, side of the street, or wherever and letting anal-retentive people hiding themselves from the world judge the shit out of me is SO much more fun. If I find a YouTube vid of me dancing somewhere I'll edit this and post it here and will totally enjoy it. My body felt WONDERFUL after just letting it all out! WHEW!!! :D

How about you? For what reason are you not taking your body out to play?

Come on! Just for today, can you do yourself a favor? Get off your ass and SHAKE IT!
Go play!!!! Or at least make some effort to move your body a bit! Go play like you did when you were a kid and let it out and have fun!

Can you do that? Not for me, for YOUR body! 
Would you be willing to ASK IT what it would like to do for fun today?